Methi Chicken is an awesome preparation with chicken combined with fresh fenugreek leaves. It is the distinct flavor of the fresh methi that gives an awesome taste and enhances the flavor of the chicken.
|1||Chicken (small pieces on the bone )||800gm|
|2||Fenugreek leaves||2 bunches|
|5||Fresh Cream||1 cup|
|14||Coriander Powder||1 ½ tbsp|
|16||Red chilly Powder||1tsp|
|17||Desi ghee||1 ½ tbsp|
|18||Oil for cooking||3tbsp|
- Take chicken pieces in a handi. Add yogurt, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt, bay leaves, cloves, black cardamom, green cardamom, mace, cinnamon, ghee, and mix well.
- Keep aside to marinate the chicken for some time.
- . Put ginger pieces, garlic, onion, green chilies, in a mixer jar and grind to make a paste.
- Heat oil in another pan.
- Add the prepared paste and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then add fenugreek leaves and sauté for few minutes on slow heat.
- Add marinated chicken and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Slit remaining green chilies lengthwise without cutting the chilies into two.
- Add chilies, ginger strips into the chicken and mix.
- Add cream and mix well.
- Reduce to low heat, cover, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer methi chicken into a serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves and serves hot.