SWEET POTATO AND PEANUT SOUP
Sweet Potato, also known as Shakarkand(शकरकंद) in India, it is a very good source of energy, it is also eaten as a snack. Today we will also make soup from this, which is creamy and healthy in taste.
Prep Time: 15-20 minutesCook time: 20-25 minutesServe: 4Level Of Cooking: EasyTaste: Mild & Creamy
|Onion||1 ¼ cup|
|Sweet Potato||3 cup|
|Vegetable Stock||1 quart|
|Creamy Peanut Butter||3 tbsp|
|Cinnamon Stick||5 gram|
|Heavy Cream||1 ½ cup|
|White Pepper||3-5 gram|
|Molasses||2 ½ tbsp|
|Freshly Grated Nutmeg||To Taste|
|Peanut (For garnish)||10 gram|
- Melt the butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Add the celery, onion, garlic, and leek.
- Stir to coat evenly with butter.
- Cook, stirring frequently until the vegetables are softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, stock, peanut butter, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are fully tender about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the peanuts in a single layer in a pie pan. Toast the peanuts in the oven until light brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Shake the pan occasionally and watch carefully, as nuts can burn quickly. Let the peanuts cool, chop coarsely, and set aside.
- Place the remaining 1 cup heavy cream, molasses, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt into the container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 3–5 seconds or until the mixture stops circulating.
- Do not over mix.
- Serve the soup in heated bowls, garnished with the whipped cream and chopped peanuts.